We think of our school as a supportive, caring and inspiring learning community.
We want each individual member of our school community to grow in self worth and self-esteem. We want them to take full advantage of the wide variety of educational, social and cultural experiences and opportunities offered to them so that they can develop fully and become well rounded young people, fully prepared and equipped to make the most of their future.
Together, we take pride in our cultural identity, our heritage and our language and we feel confident that each individual will feel proud to belong to our school, comfortable and confident in their Welshness and their bilingualism.
We want our pupils to be confident learners with a strong sense of their ability to succeed and to make a difference in their communities and in our society.
Our main aims therefore, are to nurture:
- Independent, inquisitive and enterprising learners who can adapt quickly in a rapidly changing world.
- Responsible, caring and considerate individuals who can make a positive contribution to their communities – both local and global.
- A culture of success and high expectations so that each individual is fulfilled by his or her educational experience and can realise their potential.
- Pride in being Welsh, the Welsh language and heritage, thus developing an understanding and tolerance of the diverse cultures of our world.
- A community where every individual is appreciated and respected in their own right and can contribute confidently to the life of our school.